[squeakland] Etoys for touch screens
sthomas1 at gosargon.com
Thu Oct 11 13:15:56 EDT 2012
Wonderful (as usual).
I love the idea of using these on a Smartboard where kids can play with
them and everyone can see.
1) For Pencil Art - Allow the kids to:
1. Modify the colors in the pencil
2. See and change the script values so they can see how changing the
numbers make different designs
2) For Red Rim/Orpheum Puzzel (and any Tanagrams in general)
1. Allow the kids to rotate and flip the objects
2. Allow the kids to create their own tanagrams (this might be better at
a touch screen station where kids can build and share their projects -
which get posted to the Museam Lobby with appropriate credit and a picture
of the kid who created it).
Really great stuff,
Thanks for sharing,
On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 9:37 AM, Harness, Kathleen <kharness at illinois.edu>wrote:
> Good Morning All,
> The link is to a set of Etoys projects for the Orpheum Children's Science
> Museum in Champaign,Illinois. http://etoysillinois.org/**
> The director asked that the projects be made for very young visitors to
> play with independently using the smart board in the museum's lobby.
> Perhaps you might find a use for these projects too. I would welcome
> comments and suggestions if you try them with children.
> squeakland mailing list
> squeakland at squeakland.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the squeakland