[Squeakland] How to jump from a project to another not yet loaded?

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Sun Feb 10 17:25:37 PST 2008

HI,

I think I understand now what you mean.

A slight modification on what I think you tried in OLPC. The 3.9 version do=
es =

not have the "ProjectLoading openFromImagePath"

	1) put an image (ellipse for example) into world.
	2) Click on the eye "viewer" and drag out a "Empty script. "
	3) In the script, change "Normal" to "NouseUp"
	4) In the script, click on the little square on top, third from left.
	5) type in: =

	enterTestOpenProject
		ProjectLoading =

		openFromDirectory:  '/projects-dir'
		andFileName: 'MyProject.pr'.
	6) Adjust the name and directory to your needs, and hit Alt-S
(screenshot also attached)

Clicking on the image should now enter "MyProject.pr"

Is this what you were looking for?

Milan
	=

On 2008 January 18, valente wrote:
> Hi friends,
> No one of the solutions fits my needs.
> I've a project (Squeak 3.9). This project has a big image sliced into
> parts, like a image map with hotspots.
> I'll need a solution to load the a different project, according the image
> the user clicks. One project for each particular slice (image).
> The idea is partialy covered in Etoys (from OLPC), but I don't know how to
> implement this in Squeak 3.9. I've copied the script, but I got a
> NotUnderstood Message.
> Thanks a lot.
> AL
>
> milan.zimmermann wrote:
> > Sounds like you need to load projects, previously saved as "save project
> > on
> > file" from the filesystem, is that correct?
> >
> > If so, one facility that can be used is either Squeak's File Finder or
> > "Find a
> > Project". In Squeak's Navigator on the bottom, look for the "Find"
> > button, click on in and hold the nouse down for 3-4 seconds. A menu with
> > selection will come up, click "find a project". This will open a browse=
r.

> > Another more user interfacish solution would be to write a program that
> > will
> > read all ".pr" files and their images from "current directory", and
> > display
> > them, in World ... this is probably closer to what yo are thinking abou=
t,
> > is
> > that right?
> >
> > Milan
> >
> > On 2008 January 14, valente wrote:
> >> I appreciate your concern, but this solution don't fill my needs, cause
> >> the
> >> projects that I want to jump to aren't loaded in the world, they are in
> >> the
> >> same folder.
> >> I'll need to interact with objects, like hotspots or image maps, not to
> >> a buttons group.
> >>
> >> :-) AL

In