[Squeakland] Charles Stark Draper Prize

Mankovsky, Sheine sheine.mankovsky2 at tdsb.on.ca
Sun Feb 29 08:32:51 PST 2004

I sent this note somewhere into cyberspace in error:

I was extremely pleased to read about the acknowledgement given to Alan and
his colleagues for their work.  It has been both a privilege and a personal
joy to participate in extending its benefits to children in the Toronto
District School Board (www.tdsb.on.ca).

While I was sad to hear from Kim recently that Professor Yahiko Kambayashi
had passed away, it seems fitting to include him in this picture.  He left a
noteworthy legacy for us and for all our children for generations into the
future through the work he did to make learning opportunities like Squeak
available to children in Japan.

Congratulations again, Alan, for real achievements and for achievements
still imagined.

Sheine Mankovsky
Trustee, Ward 5
Toronto District School Board

"The very essence of the creative is its novelty, hence we have no standard
by which to judge it."  -Carl R.  Rogers