[Squeakland] Keyboard support for eToys?

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Tue Dec 21 11:12:28 PST 2004

[resend, the first mail was lost somehow...]

Hi,

On the german list the question came up about etoys and keyboard
support.

Is it possible to e.g. control the car with the keyboard? I searched
the list,
and in 2002 Karl Ramberg posted an enhancement (etoy keystroke.5.cs).

Has this (or something similar) been added to etoys in the meantime?

Another interesting question we got on the list (by a very motivated
teacher):
How to extend eToys. The teacher would like to build an eToy based
environment for teaching math to older kids, and he would like to
provide
some pre-defined tiles.

I think this view of eToys as a framework for building curriculums is
quite
interesting, but there is no documentation about how to do "etoy"
Metaprogramming...

      Marcus