[Squeakland] spiral

Alan Kay alan.kay at squeakland.org
Mon Dec 13 18:47:37 PST 2004

At 04:18 PM 12/13/2004, Shashank Date wrote:
>Hello Alan,
>
>>>without which the clock kept ticking and the loopInit scipt kept
>>>executing over and over again. (There is an implicit infinite-loop on
>>>all the scripts).
>>

>>No, there isn't. E.g. if you just say in another script
>>            foo loopInit
>>this will fire this script once (this is why there is an explicit "start
>>script" to start a script looping).
>
>Oh, yes. Thanks for correcting me.
>
>>If you want to do this by hand, just click on the (!) on the left top
>>edge instead of the clock.
>
>I keep forgetting about the execute once (!) option.  Is there any way
>to NOT have the clock icon on the script?

Why?

>Alternatively, is there a more elegant solution to "stop script"
>regardless of which icons we click on (clock on the !)?

Why? (I don't understand your question here. Why would you want a clock on
the (!)? It will only run the script once and then stops by itself.)

You can stop any script with the "stop script" command in "scripting". You
can stop any ticking script by hand by clicking on the clock that is
visibly showing ticking. You can do the same in a viewer. You can
stop/start all scripts that are ticking by using the  stop/go buttons (and
these will also show you all the scripts in the environment, etc.).