[etoys-dev] Etoys project publishing with WebDav

Steve Thomas sthomas1 at gosargon.com
Sat Feb 4 23:12:42 EST 2012

Folks,

I am looking at a project hosting site similar to Scratch for Etoys and
other Sugar Activities.  To maintain compatibility with existing Etoys
versions I plan to use WebDav.  So some assumptions to make sure I don't
start down the wrong path and my understanding of how Etoys works is
correct:

   1. I need a WebDav Server
   2. I will need to create usernames/logins for each user to allow them to
   connect to the WebDav server.
   3. Etoys logs into the WebDav server using the UserName/password
   provided and then places a copy of the project in the subdirectory
   <username>

So I need to request the following from the Sugarlabs folks:

   1. WebDav Server
   2. Ability to create login's (user/pass)
   3. A cron job to detect newly uploaded files and parse them to get
   manifest information.

Thanks,
Stephen