[etoys-dev] About Skeleton

K. K. Subramaniam kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 11:13:10 EDT 2011

On Monday 31 Oct 2011 5:33:28 PM Rita Freudenberg wrote:
> > Yes, some kids told me they would want more graphics to choose in Etoys
> > (like the ones in Scratch).
>
> We have been discussing this from time to time, and we think that having
> nice graphics to choose from will not really fit with the idea of children
> creating their own objects.
It is not about graphics per se but about the mindset with which learners
approach computing. The noise in the environment today is around digicams and
graphics editing. It is hard to draw attention to scripting capabilities above
this din :-(.

It is like the early days when a movie camera was used to shoot only staged
plays. It took some time before videographers digested its potential and moved
onto outdoors, compositing etc.

Regards .. Subbu