[etoys-dev] Etoys: Etoys-kfr.95.mcz

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Oct 27 08:27:20 EDT 2011

On 27.10.2011, at 13:40, Walter Bender wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 7:33 AM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
>> "hue" isn't correct anyway. It's not not setting the hue of the sketch. It is changing the hue of each pixel by the given amount. "hue shift" (or "hue change") would be much more appropriate. Perhaps there is a single English word for that? Maybe "tint"? Not being a native speaker I can't think of a good one. [btw, Scratch calls it "color effect" which is less specific]
> On old analog TVs, it was called tint, with the implication that it
> was used to change the hue. I'd suggest combining a noun and a verb:
> 'shift hue'.
> -walter

Ah, thanks. For a command name, "shift hue" would be good. But I was looking for a name for a property that could be dialed up and down. Default would be 0, meaning no change. That analog TV term sounds right to me.

Looking forward to see you tomorrow :)

- Bert -

More information about the etoys-dev mailing list