[etoys-dev] Spanish translation error in Etoys RC2

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Sep 24 12:49:31 EDT 2010

On 24.09.2010, at 14:55, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On 24.09.2010, at 13:33, Ricardo Moran wrote:
>> Hi guys, I just noticed a very important bug using Etoys RC2. If you use the spanish translation and you open the viewer of an object, the viewer appears empty with two "Basic" categories. IIRC something similar happened early with the Portuguese translations. I couldn't investigate further and I'll try to look at it later, but I wanted to tell you at least (maybe you know what to do).
> Hmm, I don't know what's causing this.
> I just updated the translations in svn but it still happens.
> <PastedGraphic-1.png>
> Well, we have till Monday to fix it ...

The problem was that categories were translated twice, once in "Etoys-Tiles.po" and once in "Etoys.po". As long as those translations were the same it worked, but they happened to be "basico" in one and "básico" in the other. 

I fixed it so they are always translated in "Etoys-Tiles" and pushed to the repository.

I also removed them from the "Etoys" domain but only pushed that to the inbox, it can wait until after the release.

If you "update code from server" you can try my fix.

- Bert -

More information about the etoys-dev mailing list