[etoys-dev] Re: Need for translation in DrGeo

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue May 18 15:04:35 EDT 2010

On 18.05.2010, at 03:13, Korakurider wrote:

>    OK.   My original thought was that Etoys-tiles has strings of only
> base facility and each package PO includes tile stuff, so that add-on
> package doesn't affect base POs and make it easy to add package in
> dynamic manner (like Hilaire wrote for DrGeoII).

We have no dynamic packages (yet). If someone implements really fast code loading we can think about it again, but I don't see this being implemented any time soon.

And users won't care about how we organize our code in packages anyway. Either something is in Etoys or not.

Also, I think it is a lot easier for translators to have all the tile translations in one po file. I thought we agreed on that before.

If you want to implement a more sophisticated scheme, go ahead :) I'm just trying to find the simplest workable way, because that has the highest chance of actually shipping.

>  Each MOFile has one-to-one mapping dictionary and fallback requires
> multiple trials against other dictionary, so additionally we could
> have one global dictionary for fallback, right?

Right.

>  How about search order, so we could collapse all of MOs into one
> one-to-one mapping dictionary.

Defining a search order would make sense, yes, just to make the lookup deterministic.

- Bert -