[etoys-dev] Still working on translation support :)

Ricardo Moran richi.moran at gmail.com
Tue May 18 10:41:17 EDT 2010

Sorry, I should have checked that the upload was correct.

The load order should be the following (actually, I think the only
requirement is to load System before Collections, but this particular order
worked for me):

Best regards,

P.S.: I see that Hilaire made a GetText package for Pharo. Can we do the
same here? It's getting annoying to be modifying so many packages.

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 7:42 AM, Korakurider <korakurider at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ricardo.
> On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 12:14 PM, Ricardo Moran <richi.moran at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi guys, today I uploaded a bunch of entries to the inbox. Most of them
> are
> > little hacks and experiments, but it works somehow and it can be tested.
> If
> > you're interested replace your current locale folder with this
> > one http://tecnodacta.com.ar/gira/gsoc/locale.zip. I made these mo files
> > using the existing translations from Etoys 4.0 and they contain only the
> > following languages: english, spanish, german, french, portuguese.
> I want to review your stuff.  But I can't properly load your snapshot
> into fresh dev image from inbox and emergency evaluator was showed.  I
> suspect order of loading was wrong.  Could you show the correct order
> of loading packages?
> > I still have a lot of strings I can't translate because the correct
> domain
> > sometimes is not easy to find (and there are so many #translated sends I
> > don't know where to look). Anyway, I managed to translate most of the
> tiles
> > by hacking ObjectWithDocumentation>>#wording but I don't think this is a
> > nice solution. I'm not really sure how this object is used elsewhere but
> > maybe in Etoys we could use the #untranslatedWording and translate the
> > string later (I'm kinda thinking out loud so please correct me if I'm
> > wrong).
> > Korakurider fix to SQ-139 helped me a lot to understand some things but I
> > haven't included it yet because I want to fully understand this before I
> can
> > jump on managing different contexts.
>     I pointed SQ-139 because changes interesting to you have been
> distilled in the change set.  But I think context support would be
> nice-to-have feature with low priority that we might want to work on
> after work of splitting translation will be completed.
> /Korakurider
> > Regarding method properties to store text domains, I tried that approach
> and
> > implemented it in a lazy way. It seems to work well (I thought it would
> be
> > worst). I also tried to preconfigure all the compiled methods but I ran
> into
> > a "Space is low" warning, I might be doing something terribly wrong here.
> If
> > you want to take a look, the code is
> > TextDomainManager>>#updateDomainOfAllMethodsWithTranslations.
> > Best regards
> > Richo
> > _______________________________________________
> > etoys-dev mailing list
> > etoys-dev at squeakland.org
> > http://lists.squeakland.org/mailman/listinfo/etoys-dev
> >
> >
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.squeakland.org/pipermail/etoys-dev/attachments/20100518/dc8fea4e/attachment.html

More information about the etoys-dev mailing list