[etoys-dev] Etoys developer chat log
bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Apr 27 06:29:45 EDT 2010
On 27.04.2010, at 02:09, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> Hi all,
> we had another nice chat today. Topics included
> * what does @HELP achieve in the #etoys channel
> * how to fix up the ancestry of Monticello packages we create
> * and what to do about remaining packaging differences
> * how to get more reliable #etoys logs (perhaps same as #squeak?)
> * how to call next release? The update stream uses "etoys4.1" for now, the bug tracker "etoys 2010". "Etoys 5" would be an option too. Discussion welcome.
> * lack of documentation on extending Etoys, or even of its overall design
> * progress on User Manual
> * discussing Ricardo's GSoC project (Randy will set up a Google Group)
> * Maybe move all Squeakland mailing lists and forums to Google? would get rid of the forum spam issues
> Next chat will be next Monday, same time and place. But the channel is open 24/7, you can try to catch us any time (and use @ALL or @HELP to get our attention).
> Full log below. Once we have regular logging I won't have to spam the list with this anymore ...
> - Bert -
Derek alerted me I forgot to point out his notes on Audio / Video on Linux:
Etoys, Ubuntu desktop
- Currently OSS is used via PADSP, crashes on recording
- Copied so.vm-sound-pulse from Sq VM 4.0.3-2022
- Commented out L84-89 in etoys.sh
- Added L90: VMOPTIONS="$VMOPTIONS -vm-sound-pulse"
- Playback/record working
- Reverb is enabled by default, to stop use do-it: "SoundPlayer stopReverb".
- SoundRecorder morph has no way for user to stop the recording process...
- Deleting the morph does not stop the process
- If deleted while recording it carries on recording (in the trash-can)
- Switching to another project does stop the process
- Alternatively use this do-it: "SoundRecorder stopRecording"
- V4LDeviceImplementor class>>workOnCurrentEnvironment
- Changed (2x): Smalltalk osVersion = 'linux-gnu' ...
- To: Smalltalk osVersion includesSubString: 'linux'
- Reversed the order of implementors?
- Used libv4l util (etoys.sh, L95)...
LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l2convert.so "$VM" -plugins "$BIN" $VMOPTIONS "$IMAGE" "$DOCUMENT" $IMOPTIONS
Hmm, I cannot reach the squeakland server today from here. Can someone else put this in a tracker ticket please?
- Bert -
More information about the etoys-dev