[etoys-dev] Preparing for Monticello-based updates
bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Apr 19 07:52:14 EDT 2010
as we discussed lately we want to enable easier contributions, following a model similar to Squeak's "trunk". I spent the weekend making the latest tools from Squeak work in the Etoys image. I did not push it to the update stream yet, but it is attached. Let's discuss in the developer meeting on IRC later today.
Here is how to test it:
* Download Etoys-To-Go4-Final.zip from squeakland.org and unzip and run
* get halo for world, choose "preferences..." from halo menu
* disable "eToyFriendly" in the "scripting category"
* click the gray World background, choose "previous project" from the World menu
* you'll be taken to the hidden top-level project, light-blue background
* now is a good time to save the image
This will result in an image ready for development work. I'm suggesting to use Etoys-To-Go because it is self-contained and allows to save the image easily. The regular install is read-only.
Now for my stuff ...
* running Etoys-To-Go creates a folder called "Etoys" next to it. Unzip the attached files into that "Etoys" folder.
* open a file list. You should see the files now (loadmc.st, compatFixes-bf.cs, MonadicIfNotNil-eem.cs, Pragmas-eem.cs, FakeUIManager-bf.cs)
* select the contents of loadmc.st and "do it". If the files are in the default folder, it should work.
* this will churn for a long while, but finally, it should have installed Monticello and MonticelloConfigurations and PackageInfo from trunk.
Starting with this it should be really simple to get MC-based updates going, we just need to add some more utility methods from the trunk.
Comments and help welcome :)
- Bert -
-------------- nächster Teil --------------
Ein Dateianhang mit Binärdaten wurde abgetrennt...
Dateiname : loadtrunkmc-bf.zip
Dateityp : application/zip
Dateigröße : 21018 bytes
Beschreibung: nicht verfügbar
URL : http://lists.squeakland.org/pipermail/etoys-dev/attachments/20100419/27800ad0/loadtrunkmc-bf-0001.zip
More information about the etoys-dev