[etoys-dev] etoys 4.0 code freeze

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Sat Sep 12 03:14:33 EDT 2009

At Fri, 11 Sep 2009 13:01:51 +0900,
Korakurider wrote:
> >  For the release, new translation should be incoroporated as well.
>   Yes, please.  But,
> >> Just a reminder . . .Etoys 4.0 code freeze is 7am GMT on Saturday
> >> (midnight PT).
> >>
> >> The installers we create then will be "release candidates" for next
> >> Wednesday's release.
>     I am not sure if you are taking account of actual translation work
> in setting that schedule.
>     note that we are still waiting for merge of POT based on 2279.
>     Could you please plan and announce practical translation due date
> for the release?
>    (like sugar folks continue to do so)
>     BTW if you think ShowCase stuff pushed in the last minutes still
> experimental and more UI tweak will come,
>     we might want to postpone the translation work for that.

  We do take the translation work into account, but yes, not very
visible and clear way.  We are sorry.

  So the nominal code freeze time is past, and we are standing at
update number 2299.  We can generate .pot bu it is true that there
will be some string change, regrettably.

  I'm not on top of schedule, but what seems to happen is that early
next week, there will be really the code frozen version and we can
really translate strings.  In couples of weeks later, we incorporate
translations and really release it.

-- Yoshiki

More information about the etoys-dev mailing list