[Etoys] The New Etoys image
yoshiki at vpri.org
Mon Feb 18 01:19:23 EST 2008
The Etoys team made a new version of the Etoys image. This time, we
* to bump the major version number from 2 to 3.
* to make a new .sources file called EtoysV3.sources, and
* create a new update stream called "etoys3.0".
Because of the Squeak's source code management limitation, the method
change history needed to be discarded, and migrating from etoys 2.3 to
etoys 3.0 is not automatic. To keep up with the new head of the
update stream, you have to do the following.
and copy it to the directory where the VM resides or your image
resides. (Search SqueakV3.sources on your disk and place
EtoysV3.sources right next to it.)
* Download http://tinlizzie.org/olpc/etoys-dev-3.0.zip and extract
the files to your working directory.
* If you are working in an 2.3 image, migrate your code and objects
somehow to the new image. (If you know what you are doing, you
SystemVersion newVersion: 'etoys3.0'
in your 2.3-based image and fetch new changes for 3.0.
But doing so is discouraged.)
For the OLPC project, the etoys2.3 stream *should* be "final". As
long as the Update.1 deadline doesn't force us, we are not going to
push any new changes to etoys2.3.
New changes will be pushed to the etoys3.0 update stream. Please
fetch updates now and then to your 3.0-based image.
-- Yoshiki (for the Etoys team)
More information about the etoys-dev