[Etoys] translation issue in addTranslatedList:
bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Sep 27 08:13:23 EDT 2007
On Sep 27, 2007, at 13:14 , korakurider wrote:
> Sigh, if I were to have this idea before I did tons of
> embeding of #translatedNoop (in
> #masterOrderingOfCategorySymbols, etc)...
Well, one of our goals with the translation approach was to make it
simple, with almost no source changes except for adding the
#translated or #translatedNoop sends.
I actually think it would be best to revert those changes - I'm sorry
I didn't look closely enough earlier.
Hmm, masterOrderingOfCategorySymbols is a special case that
translates symbols. It seems silly to create an Array of Strings at
runtime and convert them to Symbols. I think it should be converted
back to a literal Array. Then mark it with #translatedNoop (and
change the exporter to use symbols if it did not find any Strings) or
introduce #translatedSymbolsNoop which would be the same as
#translatedNoop but export both, Strings and Symbols. (Besides, there
is debug code left in #masterOrderingOfCategorySymbols by Takashi ...)
- Bert -
More information about the etoys-dev