[Etoys] translationOfSystemScripts

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Oct 8 08:59:54 EDT 2007


On Oct 8, 2007, at 6:32 , Takashi Yamamiya wrote:

> Yes, it is safe (if not, it should be considered as a bug).
> Although I hate that there are such camel case msgids.
> I assume those are just for historical reason.

There is a method that changes the internal name (such as "forward:")  
into the user-visible name ("forward by"). However, it is only made  
of a long list of names where the user-visible names actually differ.  
It did not translate camel case into space-separated words.

I just published an update to solve this - the viewer should now only  
ever show phrases with words separated by spaces. I also patched the  
gettext exporter so the generated pot file should be fine. It also  
migrates translations from the old camelCase format - if "my example"  
has no existing translation, but "myExample" does, it uses that one.

I did *not* modify the cached translations, and neither the lookup,  
but it appears to work so far.

Also, we have a few more places with camelCase, like the events in  
scriptors. Not sure if they are as easy to change.

- Bert -





More information about the etoys-dev mailing list