[Etoys] First use of OLPC feedback (bugs,suggestions,questions)
stephane.ducasse at free.fr
Sat Nov 10 16:48:50 EST 2007
He took me at least 10 min to be able to open it (I'm really terrible
with user interfaces) but the result is quite cool.
please find a list of bugs/questions/suggestions after playing with
my laptop (which is quite cool).
- I clicked on the mess network then on the small triangle with
represent my wifi and I got a window to type the login.
I typed the login in, but I could never get the Ok button letting me
to press it. :(
- etoy projects may get in your way: they can stay over the first
etoy window and you do not know how to get rid of them.
of course there is the halos but it feels strange.
- when I do load, click on OLPC, get a dialog window, click cancel, I
get a primitive fail with a debugger.
- Is there any plans to have access to the squeak games: SameCell,
tetris and chess.
Because a chess program would be cool on this machine.
I could open the sameGame because I could get access to the menu:
- the size of the square are a bit too small.
- This is a pity that the Squeak classes have so few comments because
I'm sure a kid could get alone
the SameGame new openInWorld but if it would be explained. I think
that there is a huge opportunity that such
a "details" can break.
- I was wondering why stuff like skipLists are still in this image.
I'm sure that we could have a much better contents
that kids could really explore.
- Will DrGeo be buried in the Etoy projects ?
Because this would be better to put it as a separate entry. DrGeo can
definitively be a first class application on such a machine.
Questions for BotsInc.
- I removed all references to the file system but when I play with
the simple drawing tool I could save drawing to files.
So is it possible or not to save files?
- I wanted to load my botsInc project so I put it naively on a USB
stick but how can I access it. I could not from a load from the load
- Using the fileList I tried to use usbdev1.2_ep02 and some others
but I failed?
Is there a way?
I feel that there is a huge potential to see the ideas of alan
becoming true at different level (etoys, Smalltalk skin onion model)
and I have the impression that the Smalltalk part could be made
easier to access.
More information about the etoys-dev